The 30th anniversary edition of Iran’s leading food and beverage processing and packaging trade show will be held in Tehran in June 2023, as always as part of Iran agrofood. The event will once again be organised by fairtrade and their Iranian partners Palar Samaneh.
Global technology leaders will again showcase adapted technologies and solutions for the Iranian and neighboring markets.
Please check out all exhibitors & products at the 2022 event.
“Great show, beyond expectations”: Iran agrofood 2022 was an overwhelming success
40,000+ trade visitors discussed their investments with 616 exhibitors from 17 countries in 18 halls
Exhibitors and visitors agreed: The 29th edition of Iran agrofood was an overwhelming success.
Ramin Ahmadzadeh of Efpromm emphasised “The show was great, and as far as serious customers are concerned, I can say it was beyond our expectations.”
Voices of the exhibitors 2022
Sales Manager – SPAD
SPAD is an international engineering firm based in Tehran and specialised in bakery and confectionery processing technologies. In our second division we export and import raw materials, ingredients, additives, herbs …
Most demanded by Iranian customers are products & solutions to produce chocolates, jelly, chewing gum and the packaging of nuts, spices and dates. Here at Iran food + bev tec, we meet with new investors who want to discuss their projects.
Head of Marketing Department – German Near and Middle East Association on behalf of the German Pavilion
At the information stand of the German Pavilion at Iran food + bev tec, we receive importers and exporters and customer requests on investment and science, German companies and technologies as well as on Germany in general and on German associations.
We are glad about the ever-growing interest in German products and bilateral relations.
Sales Manager – Lafer Packaging
We produce machinery for packaging of food, non-food, and pharma products. Here at Iran food + bev tec, we meet with food & non-food customers.
We participate at this event in order to identify new customers.
Sales Manager – BK Behtin Kavosh Novin
Behtin Kavosh Novin provides and distributes mechanical seals for pumps, agitators, and homogenizers as well as Samson valves.
This event gives us the opportunity to meet with our traditional and new Iranian clients and with some new potential clients from neighboring countries. The show this year exceeds the corona edition of last year by far.
Managing Director – Vibrofloors
Our Iranian clients are very much interested in our ceramic components. Here at Iran food + bev tec, we predominantly discuss projects with dairy & bakery facilities.
Our expectations to this show has been met as always, great expo!
Business Development Manager – ica
Our most demanded products in Iran are our filling machines for coffee capsules and for producing retail packs for ground whole beans coffee. At ICA we also produce packaging machines for biscuits and wafers.
At Iran food + bev tec we discuss projects with food manufacturers in the field of coffee, bakery, tea, rice and flour. We participate here to increase our brand building process in Iran and this expectation has been met.
Member of the Board – Damirchi Group
Our clients buy edible oil production equipment from us, as well as evaporation and spray drying systems, equipment for dairy production (aseptic tanks, sterilizers) and tanks (atmospheric, pressure)
Here at Iran food + bev tec we meet with investors who have done their market research and are ready to discuss and purchase equipment meanwhile we are pleased to also be meeting our previous and existing customers.
With our participation we wanted to increase our client base and brand awareness locally and internationally, both of which we could achieve these days.
Iran Branch Manager– Efpromm
Our Iranian customers are very much interested in our food processing machines like vacuum fillers, bowl cutters, tumblers & injectors and packaging machinery.
As visitors we received CEOs and production managers of key meat producers, consultants and business experts. Iran food + bev tec is the most important meeting point for us with our customers. The show was great, and as far as serious customers are concerned, I can say it was beyond our expectations.
It was the massive influx of well over 40,000 visitors and the thousands and thousands of serious B2B meetings that made this edition so successful for the 616 exhibitors from 17 countries exhibiting in 18 halls, up from 311 exhibitors last year.
The strong growth reflects positive IMF and World Bank assessments, a recovery in consumption and a strong expansion in imports and exports – see Economic outlook Iran by GTAI of 13 May 2022.
The halls were literally stormed, full of exhibitors and trade visitors engaged in business talks.
See full details on the 2022 event in the Post Show Report
National Pavilions at Iran agrofood 2022
from Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands and Türkiye
National pavilions at Iran agrofood 2022 participated from Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands and Türkiye.
The Brazilian Pavilion featuring eight exhibitors at Iran food + hospitality 2022 has been booked by the Brazilian Embassy in Tehran.
The German Pavilion at Iran food + bev tec 2022 was presented by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA and VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery.
The Dutch Pavilion at Iran agro 2022 has been organized by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tehran.
The Türkiye Pavilion at Iran food ingredients, Iran agro & Iran food + bev tec 2022 offered dedicated solutions and technologies for the Iranian agricultural and food industry.
German Pavilion 2022
Presenters of the German Pavilion
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, in cooperation with the
- Association of the German Trade Fair Industry (AUMA) and supported by
- VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery
To support the German export industry, the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action has significantly eased the funding conditions.
Representing the entire value chain - from field to fork
With its four dedicated partial fairs Iran agro, Iran food + bev tec, Iran food ingredients and Iran food + hospitality, Iran agrofood covers the entire value chain from field to fork.
And this is how the individual sub-fairs are allocated on the exhibition site.
- Iran agro in hall 38
- Iran food + hospitality in halls 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 27, 31A, 31B, 44/1, 44/2
- Iran food ingredients in hall 35
- Iran food + bev tec in halls 38, 38A, 38B, 40, 40A, 41, 41B
Top governmental support
Iran agrofood enjoys the support of
- Iranian Ministry of Agriculture-Jihad
- Iranian Ministry of Industry, Mine & Trade
- Iran Food and Beverage Importers Association FBIA
- Iran Food Machinery Manufacturers Association IFMMA
- Iran Organic Association
- Embassy of Brazil in Iran
- Embassy of the Netherlands in Iran
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA and VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of Trade
Iran food + bev tec
Iran is one of the largest sales markets for process & packaging machinery in the Middle East
Iranian imports of food processing and packaging machinery and equipment (in million Euro)
- Iranian imports of food processing and packaging machinery amounted to €161 million in 2020.
- There is a good chance that from 2023 onwards, these imports will gradually return to the levels of 2014 to 2018, when annual imports were as high as €341 million, making Iran the second largest importer in the Middle East
Source: VDMA 2021 / Graph: fairtrade
Iran is one of the largest sales markets for packaging machinery in the Middle East
Iranian imports of packaging machinery and equipment (in million Euro)
- Iranian imports in this sector amounted to 56 million euros in 2020.
- There is a good chance that from 2023 onwards, these imports will gradually return to the levels of 2014 to 2018, when annual imports were as high as €204 million, making Iran one of the largest importers in the Middle East.
Source: VDMA 2021 / Graph: fairtrade
Range of exhibits
Food and drink processing
- Bakery technology
- Basic food technology
- Beverage technology
- Coffee machines
- Confectionery, snacks and chocolate production technology
- Dairy technology
- Delicatessen and convenience food technology
- Distribution systems, table and serving equipment
- Fish processing technology
- Food safety and quality management
- Foodservice equipment
- Ice cream technology
- Information and billing systems
- Kitchen technology
- Meat processing technology
- Noodle technology
- Refrigeration technology
- Screening machines
- Services and concepts
- Vegetable and fruit technology
- Packaging technology
- Machines for imprinting of packaging material
- Packaging materials, means and aids
- Printing and labelling technology
- Paper converting and packaging production technology
- Materials, consumables and accessories
Cold chain, refrigeration and air conditioning
- Refrigeration technology
- Ventilation, air conditioning and heating technology
Conveying, transport and storage
Waste and wastewater
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment
- Resource-efficiency and services