- Iran ranks among the top five producers worldwide of apricots, cherries, sour cherries, cucumbers and gherkins, dates, eggplants, figs, pistachios, quinces, saffron, walnuts and watermelons. Moreover, the country is rich in agricultural produce such as caviar, oilseeds, rice and wheat.
- Of course, Iranian food producers are primarily serving their huge domestic market of 85 million. And with their participation at iran food + hospitality, they benefit from professional visitors from all over the country.
- However, as iran food + hospitality also succeeds to attract thousands of professional food traders from the world over, export-oriented Iranian food producers participate at the show to market and sell their products internationally.
Facts on the Iranian food industry
- 11,200 businesses
- 400,000 jobs
- Total value add US$ 3.81 billion - 11% of all the value added created by the industrial sector
- Almost all raw materials for food processing produced domestically
- 150 million tons of raw materials
- Dairy products - biggest share in Iran’s total food exports
- US$ 773 million worth of dairy products over 2016/2017 - 25% increase in value compared to previous year
- Yoghurt US$ 218 million | Cheese US$ 187 million | Milk powder US$ 129 million | Cream and ice cream US$ 20 million.*
* Kaveh Zargaran, Chairman Agricultural Commission Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture, Tejarat-e Farda, July 2017
Voices of the exhibitors 2019
Sales Manager – Wuyuan County Dafeng Oil Food
Wuyuan County Dafeng Oil Food is a manufacturer of pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
As exhibitor at iran food + hospitality 2019 we get in touch with potential customers and could even close some orders. The show provides a great opportunity for us to meet local customers. We’re very happy to be here this year.
Team Leader – Samex India Pvt Ltd
Since long Iran is one of the most important markets for our products as Iranians use cardamom in their food and drinks a lot. iran food + hospitality enables us to talk with our customers about their needs. We also have the chance to connect with people from neighbouring countries. The trade show offers great visitors and business opportunities.
Range of exhibits
Food and beverages
- Bread & bakery
- Fish & seafood
- Fresh & chilled food
- Frozen food
- General foods
- Health food
- Hot beverages
- Ice cream & deep-frozen confectionery
- Meat & meat products
- Organic food
- Snack food
Equipment and supplies for hotels and restaurants, bars and cafés, canteens and commercial kitchens
- Building furnishings and equipment
- Coffee machines
- Distribution systems and serving equipment
- Ice-cream machines
- Information and billing systems
- Refrigeration technology
- Kitchen technology
- Rinsing, cleaning and disposal technologySweets