The 30th anniversary edition of Iran food + hospitality
The 30th anniversary edition of Iran’s leading food & beverage trade show will be held in Tehran in June 2023, as always as part of Iran agrofood. The event will once again be organised by fairtrade and their Iranian partners Palar Samaneh.
Global technology leaders will again showcase adapted ideas, solutions and products for the Iranian and neighboring markets.
Please check out all exhibitors & products at the 2022 event.
“Great show, beyond expectations”: Iran agrofood 2022 was an overwhelming success
40,000+ trade visitors discussed their investments with 616 exhibitors from 17 countries in 18 halls
Exhibitors and visitors agreed: The 29th edition of Iran agrofood was an overwhelming success.
Ramin Ahmadzadeh of Efpromm emphasised “The show was great, and as far as serious customers are concerned, I can say it was beyond our expectations.”
Voices of the exhibitors 2022
Hossein Kashani (left)
Economic & Commercial Officer - Brazilian Embassy on behalf of the Brazilian Pavilion
This year we presented 8 Brazilian exhibitors at Iran food + hospitality. They sell rice, coffee, beans, meat and sugar to their Iranian customers.
As 80% of the visitors at the show were business visitors interested in trade, this event has met our expectations.
Assistant - IBS
We sell mainly frozen boneless beef and frozen whole chicken to our Iranian clients. Here at Iran food + hospitality, we meet food processors, retail market owners like chain markets and distributors.
Our target was to have plenty of B2B meetings, and we have met our expectation
It was the massive influx of well over 40,000 visitors and the thousands and thousands of serious B2B meetings that made this edition so successful for the 616 exhibitors from 17 countries exhibiting in 18 halls, up from 311 exhibitors last year.
The strong growth reflects positive IMF and World Bank assessments, a recovery in consumption and a strong expansion in imports and exports – see Economic outlook Iran by GTAI of 13 May 2022.
The halls were literally stormed, full of exhibitors and trade visitors engaged in business talks.
See full details on the 2022 event in the Post Show Report
National Pavilions at Iran agrofood 2022
from Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands and Türkiye
National pavilions at Iran agrofood 2022 participated from Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands and Türkiye.
The Brazilian Pavilion featuring eight exhibitors at Iran food + hospitality 2022 has been booked by the Brazilian Embassy in Tehran.
The German Pavilion at Iran food + bev tec 2022 was presented by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA and VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery.
The Dutch Pavilion at Iran agro 2022 has been organized by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tehran.
The Türkiye Pavilion at Iran food ingredients, Iran agro & Iran food + bev tec 2022 offered dedicated solutions and technologies for the Iranian agricultural and food industry.
Representing the entire value chain - from field to fork
With its four dedicated partial fairs Iran agro, Iran food + bev tec, Iran food ingredients and Iran food + hospitality, Iran agrofood covers the entire value chain from field to fork.
And this is how the individual sub-fairs are allocated on the exhibition site.
- Iran agro in hall 38
- Iran food + hospitality in halls 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 27, 31A, 31B, 44/1, 44/2
- Iran food ingredients in hall 35
- Iran food + bev tec in halls 38, 38A, 38B, 40, 40A, 41, 41B
Top governmental support
Iran agrofood enjoys the support of
- Iranian Ministry of Agriculture-Jihad
- Iranian Ministry of Industry, Mine & Trade
- Iran Food and Beverage Importers Association FBIA
- Iran Food Machinery Manufacturers Association IFMMA
- Iran Organic Association
- Embassy of Brazil in Iran
- Embassy of the Netherlands in Iran
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA and VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of Trade
Iranian food imports made up for US$ 15.0 billion in 2021, food exports stood at US$ 5.4 billion
- According to WTO, Iranian food imports made up for US$ 15.0 billion in 2021, food exports stood at US$ 5.4 billion.
- Iran ranks among the top five producers worldwide of apricots, cherries, sour cherries, cucumbers and gherkins, dates, eggplants, figs, pistachios, quinces, saffron, walnuts and watermelons. Moreover, the country is rich in agricultural produce such as caviar, oilseeds, rice and wheat.
- Of course, Iranian food producers are primarily serving their huge domestic market of 85 million. And with their participation at iran food + hospitality, they benefit from professional visitors from all over the country.
- However, as iran food + hospitality also succeeds to attract thousands of professional food traders from the world over, export-oriented Iranian food producers participate at the show to market and sell their products internationally.
Facts on the Iranian food industry
- 11,200 businesses
- 400,000 jobs
- Total value add US$ 3.81 billion - 11% of all the value added created by the industrial sector
- Almost all raw materials for food processing produced domestically
- 150 million tons of raw materials
- Dairy products - biggest share in Iran’s total food exports
- US$ 773 million worth of dairy products over 2016/2017 - 25% increase in value compared to previous year
- Yoghurt US$ 218 million | Cheese US$ 187 million | Milk powder US$ 129 million | Cream and ice cream US$ 20 million.*
* Kaveh Zargaran, Chairman Agricultural Commission Tehran Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture, Tejarat-e Farda, July 2017
Range of exhibits
Food and beverages
- Bread & bakery
- Fish & seafood
- Fresh & chilled food
- Frozen food
- General foods
- Health food
- Hot beverages
- Ice cream & deep-frozen confectionery
- Meat & meat products
- Organic food
- Snack food
Equipment and supplies for hotels and restaurants, bars and cafés, canteens and commercial kitchens
- Building furnishings and equipment
- Coffee machines
- Distribution systems and serving equipment
- Ice-cream machines
- Information and billing systems
- Refrigeration technology
- Kitchen technology
- Rinsing, cleaning and disposal technologySweets